Sumi-e Japanese Ink Painting (Series)
Learn the traditional Japanese art of sumi-e brush and ink painting.
In this class, students learn techniques for different brush strokes, first in black ink and then in color. Students also have the chance to exhibit their work at a New Year kakizome show.
Suiko Ohta is from a family of traditional painters. She studied in Switzerland and the United States and has taught traditional Japanese painting for more than 30 years.
- Sep 19 | Oct 3, 10, 24, 31 | Nov 7, 21, 28 | Dec 5, 12
- Two-hour sessions: 9–11am & 11am–1pm
- Toko Shinoda and Yukiko Maki classrooms
- 10 lessons: ¥66,550
- 6 lessons: ¥40,150 (if you are taking this course for the first time and would like to try a short course first, we offer a 6-session course. Contact us for more information.)
- Additional materials fee: a set material for beginner ¥19,600 a set of colors ¥31,760 (to be paid in cash by students)
- Non-Connections members are charged an additional registration fee of ¥3,500 (waived for Connections members).
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 12
- Contact the Connections Office about class availability after registration has closed.