Flavors of North India
Enjoy the sumptuous taste of a North Indian vegetarian meal.
What will I learn in this class?
In this class, get up close and personal with the rich yet mildly spiced cuisine of North India. Now, all those favorite restaurant dishes can be made in the comfort of your own kitchen.
A seven-course meal will be made followed by lunch. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Paneer Makhani: homemade cottage cheese in spiced butter-tomato sauce
- Baingan bharta: roasted eggplant curry
- Chana masala: chickpea curry
- Hara bhara kabab: pea and spinach patties with coriander chutney
- Jeera rice: basmati rice with cumin seeds and spices
- Kachumber: mixed vegetable salad
- Mango lassi: yogurt-based drink
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.”
Over her 25-year career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 5
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- Class is held at the instructor’s residence
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 27
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.