Flavors of South India
South Indian vegetarian favorites on full display.
What will I learn in this class?
South Indian cuisine is distinguished from the north by a greater emphasis on coconut, lentils, tamarind and curry leaves.
Participants will assist in preparing a seven-course meal followed by lunch. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Butter dosa: crisp crepes made of fermented rice and lentil batter
- Sambar: vegetable and lentil soup
- Potato and onion curry
- Coconut chutney
- Dal vada: spiced lentil fritter
- Kachumber: mixed vegetable and lentil salad
- Lassi or masala chaas: yogurt-based drinks
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.”
Over her 25-year career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Sep 27
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- Class is held at the teacher’s residence
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 15
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.