Sumi-e Japanese Ink Painting (Series)
Learn the traditional Japanese art of sumi-e brush and ink painting.
What will I learn in this class?
In this class, students learn techniques for different brush strokes, first in black ink and then in color. Students also have the chance to exhibit their work at a New Year kakizome show.
Who teaches this class?
Suiko Ohta is from a family of traditional painters. She studied in Switzerland and the United States and has taught traditional Japanese painting for more than 30 years.
- Sep 14, 21, 28│Oct 5, 19, 26│Nov 2, 16, 30 │Dec 7 & 14
- 9-11am & 11am-1pm
- Toko Shinoda and Yukiko Maki classrooms
- Additional materials fee: ¥17,800–¥31,150
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 6
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.