The Mudsharks is a swim team program for children who want to improve their swimming skills.
What will I learn in this class?
Participants learn the very basics of competitive swimming. Swimmers refine the techniques of all four strokes and practice under the rules of competitive swimming and large group competition. Swimmers also start working on sprints and drills geared for meets.
What are the benefits of this class?
Swimmers gain confidence through practice, learn good sportsmanship and exhibit positive teamwork. Lower level classes use the same drills and sets as advanced swimmers for uniform development. Young swimmers are encouraged to participate in Swim Team, Club and other Local Swim Meets in Japan.
Who will teach this class?
Head Coach Simon Hadlow is an Australian level-one-certified instructor with more than two decades of experience at the competitive level. Coach Hadlow leads a team of highly experienced assistant coaches who motivate and educate swimmers throughout the course.
Assistant coaches: Farid Stas, Benny Edriansyah, Marcin Nowakowski
The new Mudsharks Junior Junior’s (JJ's) level is aimed at bridging the gap between the Mini Muddies and the Junior levels. Swimmers will be introduced to the techniques and skills needed to participate in competitive swimming in a one-hour class. The JJ's will work on kicks, drills, starts and turns for all competitive strokes, emphasizing perfect technique to create efficient swimmers with good swimming habits.
Mon & Wed | 4:45–5:45pm | Maximum 12 participants
Tue & Thu | 4:45–5:45pm | Maximum 12 participants
Session 1: Jan 7–Mar 21 | ¥35,020 | registration starts Dec 4
Session 2: Mar 25–Jun 6 | ¥35,020 | registration starts Mar 5
Session 3: Aug 19–Oct 10 | ¥25,950 | registration starts Aug 6
Session 4: Oct 15–Dec 12 | ¥28,970 | registration starts Sep 24
No lessons on national holidays. Program fees will be prorated.
Mudsharks Swim Team Tryouts
The program is multi-leveled and tailored to the individual needs of each and every swimmer. New swimmers to the Mudsharks must go through a tryout held during the practice time and day of the group the swimmer wishes to join. Previously recorded meet times may be used to determine appropriate levels.
• Swimmers must wear goggles.
• Female swimmers must wear swim caps (optional for male swimmers).
• All swimmers are required to wear Mudsharks team swimsuits and swim caps (for sale at the Pool Office) during practices and at swim meets.
• Mudsharks swim kit: swimsuit, swim cap and T-shirt.
• Participants are required to attend a minimum number of sessions to remain in good standing.
• Participants must follow instructions and conduct themselves responsibly at all times, both at the Club and while taking part in off-site events.
• Participants training with the Mudsharks should compete at swim meets for the Mudsharks.
• Failure to abide by these standards may result in removal from the program; registration fees will not be refunded in such cases.