Indian Delights: Mumbai Street Foods
You don’t need a three-star restaurant for three-star food.
What will I learn in this class?
Taste some of the most popular street food of Mumbai.
Observe an experienced chef prepare classic Mumbai street foods with traditional techniques followed by lunch. All recipes will be provided to participants.
Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Vada pav: fried spiced potato patty with chickpea batter and topped with sliced onion and chutney
- Ragda pattice: white pea curry topped with tamarind sauce and minced onions
- Dahi vada: white lentil doughnuts soaked in flavored yogurt and topped with ground cumin and chili powder
- Pav bhaji: vegetable curry topped with butter and served with butter rolls
- Chana masala: chickpea curry
- Bhatura: deep-fried bread.
- Masala chai and kheer pudding
Who teaches this class?
Hema Parekh is a certified teacher, nutritionist, culinary consultant and author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.” Over her 25-year career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Mar 8
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- Class is held at the instructor's residence
- Cancellation deadline: Feb 28
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.