Flavors of North India
Enjoy the sumptuous taste of a North Indian meal.
What will I learn in this class?
In this class the student will be introduced to the rich yet mildly spiced cuisine of North India. Now, all those favorite restaurant dishes can be made in the comfort of your own kitchen. A seven-course meal will be made followed by lunch. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Saag paneer: pureed spinach with home made paneer
- Navratna korma: rich and creamy mixed vegetable curry
- Lentil kebab with onion relish
- Dal tarka: mixed yellow lentil curry
- Mixed vegetable raita: yogurt-based salad
- Zeera rice: basmati rice cooked with ghee, whole spices and cumin seeds
- Mango or cardamom lassi: sweet yogurt drink
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.” Over her long career spanning over 25 years, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Mar 19
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- This class is held at the teacher’s residence.
- Cancellation deadline: Mar 11
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.