Exotic Noodles of Asia
Hot and sumptuous noodles make for a perfect vegetarian one-dish meal.
What will I learn in this class?
In this class, students will learn how to prepare popular noodle dishes from Japan, Thailand and Myanmar with suitable accompaniments to compliment the meal.
The class includes the preparation of a six-course meal followed by lunch. Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Fried kakiage tempura served over soba noodles in hot broth
- Pad Thai with tofu and vegetables sprinkled with crushed peanuts and cilantro
- Cauliflower and coconut curry flavored with lemongrass poured over thin khowsuey rice noodles and served with aromatics
- Mushroom balls served with tamarind and date chutney
- Honey-glazed cucumber sprinkled with sesame seeds, chili flakes and cilantro
- Pumpkin in coconut milk
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.”
Over her 25-year career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 8
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- Class is held at the instructor’s residence
- Cancellation deadline: Sep 30
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.