Flavors of West India
A sampler of West Indian vegetarian flavors and cooking techniques.
What will I learn in this class?
Relish the stunning flavors of Gujarati cuisine with traditional recipes and a look inside the techniques behind a home-cooked six-course meal followed by lunch.
Please inform the instructor of any dietary restrictions.
- Khichri: fragrant rice and lentils with spices
- Kadhi: sweet yogurt curry
- Thepla: rolled flatbread with spices, herb and yogurt dipping sauce
- Batata kanda nu shaak: potato and onion curry
- Sabzi: okra stuffed with spiced besan and fresh coriander
- Shrikhhand: sweet, creamy yogurt topped with cardamom
Who teaches this class?
A certified teacher, nutritionist and culinary consultant, Hema Parekh is the author of several cookbooks, including “The Asian Vegan Kitchen” and “The South Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.”
Over her 25-year career, she has cooked for visiting heads of state and royalty.
- Oct 13
- Nearest station: Ebisu Station
- Class is held at the instructor’s residence
- Cancellation deadline: Oct 5
- An enrichment program registration fee of ¥3,500 is applied to non-Connections members. The fee is waived for Connections members.
- By registering, Members accept the inherent risks in activities where social distancing requirements cannot be followed, and they agree not to hold the Club liable in the case of injury, illness or contraction of COVID-19 during these activities.